Pediatric Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists
Pediatric Search Partners has been engaged to identify Board Certified/Board Eligible Pediatric Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists to join the growing team at Texas Children’s Hospital Heart Center located in downtown Houston, Texas. Texas Children’s Hospital Heart Center is the #1 nationally ranked Pediatric Cardiology/Cardiac Surgery program for 2021-22 by U.S. News & World Report. Faculty are employed by Baylor College of Medicine and have an academic appointment in the Department of Anesthesiology. The positions report to the Anesthesiologist-in-Chief at Texas Children’s Hospital.
For 13 years in a row, U.S. News & World Report has recognized Texas Children’s Hospital as one of the best children’s hospitals in the United States and #1 in Texas. In 2021-22, Texas Children’s ranked 3rd in the nation out of nearly 200 pediatric institutions and is the largest free-standing children’s health system in the nation.
The Texas Children’s Hospital Heart Center moved into the state-of-the-art Legacy Tower in 2018. It has four cardiovascular operating rooms, four cardiac catheterization laboratories (one with integrated MRI), and 56 cardiovascular intensive care beds. TCH’s new 16-bed Adult Congenital Heart Disease unit opened in January 2021. The Arthur S. Keats Division of Pediatric Cardiovascular Anesthesiology at Texas Children’s Hospital currently performs more than 3000 anesthetics annually, including over 1,000 cardiac operating room and 1,600 catheterization laboratory cases.
- Successful completion of ACGME approved fellowship in Pediatric Anesthesiology
- Board Certification or eligibility in Pediatric Anesthesiology is required
- Completion of 12-month Pediatric Cardiovascular Anesthesiology fellowship or equivalent experience
The ideal candidate will possess strong communication, teaching, and collaboration skills. Ample opportunity for faculty mentorship and development, including clinical and laboratory research, is available. Division faculty edit and contribute many chapters to the textbook, “Anesthesia for Congenital Heart Disease.” The 4th edition will be published in 2022.
One of the country’s fastest-growing and most diverse big cities, Houston is soon to be the third-largest city in the United States by total population and continues to attract newcomers from throughout the globe for its world-class health care, vibrant culture, and affordability, including no city or state income tax.
In addition, Houston offers:
- Two 4-star international airports
- More than 60 school districts and several world-renowned colleges and universities
- Over 145 different languages spoken; 1 in 4 residents born abroad
- A wealth of upscale shopping districts
- More than 10,000 restaurants
- 4 major league sports teams
- Home to more than 500 digital technology companies
- Home to NASA’s Johnson Space Center
- More than 125 miles of hike and bike trails, 366 parks, 200-plus green spaces
- Walkable Museum District with 19 cultural institutions
- 1 hour from coastal Galveston, 2 ½ hours from Austin, 3 hours from San Antonio, and 4 hours from Dallas
For complete details and confidential consideration, please forward your cv and cover letter to Glenda Church Smith, Principal, Pediatric Search Partners, at email@example.com, call (877) 440-3832 or text to (214) 850-3094.