***FILLED*** Pediatric Anesthesiologists
Pediatric Search Partners has been engaged to identify talented, highly motivated Board Certified/Board Eligible Pediatric Anesthesiologists to join the expanding Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative, and Pain Medicine at the main campus of Texas Children’s Hospital located in downtown Houston, Texas. Faculty are employed by Baylor College of Medicine and have an academic appointment in the Department of Anesthesiology. Clinical track physicians are also welcomed. The positions report to the Anesthesiologist-in-Chief at Texas Children’s Hospital.
For 13 years in a row, U.S. News & World Report has recognized Texas Children’s Hospital as one of the best children’s hospitals in the United States and #1 in Texas. In 2021-22, Texas Children’s ranked 3rd in the nation out of nearly 200 pediatric institutions and is the largest free-standing children’s health system in the nation.
The Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative, and Pain Medicine currently employs 94 Pediatric Anesthesiologists, including those with additional training and board certifications in Pediatrics, Pediatric Critical Care, Pediatric CV Anesthesia, or Pain Medicine. Completing more than 53,000 anesthetics annually in 65 anesthetizing locations, the demand for this ever-growing service is rising.
The recruitment effort for additional Pediatric Anesthesiology physician faculty members is underway to support significant growth within the TCH system in Texas.
- Successful completion of ACGME approved fellowship in Pediatric Anesthesiology
- Pediatric Anesthesiology Board Certification or eligibility is required
- Additional fellowship or other advanced training in Pain Medicine, Regional Anesthesia, Cardiovascular Anesthesia, Critical Care Medicine, Research, Quality Improvement, and Education is highly desirable
- Academic rank and salary with Baylor College of Medicine will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Ample opportunities for academic development are available.
Part of the Texas Children’s Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine’s educational mission is to train medical students and anesthesiology residents from affiliated medical schools. The Department also participates in fellowship training programs in pediatric anesthesiology and pediatric cardiovascular anesthesiology.
One of the country’s fastest-growing and most diverse big cities, Houston is soon to be the third-largest city in the United States by total population and continues to attract newcomers daily from throughout the globe for its world-class health care, vibrant culture, and affordability, including no city or state income tax.
In addition, Houston offers:
- Two 4-star international airports
- More than 60 school districts and several world-renowned colleges and universities
- Over 145 different languages spoken; 1 in 4 residents born abroad
- A wealth of upscale shopping districts
- More than 10,000 restaurants
- 4 major league sports teams
- Home to more than 500 digital technology companies
- Home to NASA’s Johnson Space Center
- More than 125 miles of hike and bike trails, 366 parks, 200-plus green spaces
- Walkable Museum District with 19 cultural institutions
- 1 hour from coastal Galveston, 2 ½ hours from Austin, 3 hours from San Antonio, and 4 hours from Dallas
For complete details and confidential consideration, please forward your cv and cover letter to Glenda Church Smith, Principal, Pediatric Search Partners, at email@example.com, call (877) 440-3832 or text to (214) 850-3094.