***FILLED*** Medical Director, Primary Care Network
We are seeking a Medical Director, CHOC Primary Care Network (PCN) to provide guidance and oversight to the clinical component of the provider network at CHOC in Orange, California while actively practicing in a clinical primary care pediatrician role within the network. The ideal candidate will be board certified with a minimum of 7 years of post-residency primary care pediatric clinical experience and have at least 5 years of experience in a position of leadership over physicians in a hospital, ambulatory practice, or training program.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a passionate, committed leader who will contribute to the development of CHOC as a learning organization, applying improvement science principles to quality improvement principles across the network. Working under the guidance of the VP, Executive Medical Director, and the VP Primary Care Network, and in partnership with the Director of the Primary Care Network, you will provide Executive level leadership to the network, continuing to cultivate an ongoing culture of collaboration, partnership and accountability for providers, associates, and administration.
In this role, the successful candidate will:
- Take full responsibility for driving the network quality initiatives and will serve in a leadership role over the PCN Clinical Quality Committee.
- Participate in the PCN Executive Committee, contributing strategic thought and vision with careful consideration of the organizational mission and community need.
- Will serve on the PCN IT and Compensation Committees, where you will drive alignment and optimization.
- Serve as a mentor and resource to providers and staff while furnishing guidance in areas of clinical quality, patient access, patterns of practice, utilization management, clinical coordination, and patient satisfaction.
- Work closely with academic leadership to support sites of learning and development for the pediatric residency program as well as for medical students and advanced practice professionals.
- Develop acumen to serve as an Improvement Advisor to other project leaders across the network to help drive change.
ABOUT CHOC CHILDREN’S
CHOC is ranked as one of the best children’s hospitals in seven specialties by U.S. News & World Report 2022-23, including cancer; diabetes and endocrinology; neonatology; neurology and neurosurgery; orthopedics; pulmonology and lung surgery; and urology. In addition, CHOC is ranked #5 in the state of California and #6 in the Pacific. CHOC has also been named a Top Children’s Hospital by The Leapfrog Group in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
Since 1964, CHOC has been steadfastly committed to providing the highest quality medical care to children. Affiliated with the University of California, Irvine, our regional pediatric healthcare network includes a state-of-the-art 334-bed main hospital facility in the City of Orange, and a hospital-within-a-hospital in Mission Viejo. CHOC also offers many primary and specialty care clinics, more than 100 additional programs and services, a pediatric residency program, and four centers of excellence – The CHOC Heart, Neuroscience, Orthopaedic and Hyundai Cancer Institutes.
CHOC Children’s Specialists, a growing private pediatric subspecialty group, is home to more than 250 pediatric specialists and 22 pediatric subspecialties. CHOC Children’s Specialists practices at and operates as a division of CHOC Children’s, a premier healthcare system affiliated with the University of California, Irvine.
ABOUT ORANGE COUNTY
This position offers the incomparable opportunity to reside in Orange County, California. One of California’s most desirable areas, Orange County is home to more than 45 miles of coastline and iconic cities like Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, Dana Point and San Clemente. Residents enjoy a year-round average temperature of 70 degrees and 278 days of sunshine annually, along with easy access to Disneyland and Knott’s Berry Farm, world-class shopping and dining, plenty of sports and recreational offerings, and several top-notch educational institutions.
Families will appreciate the area’s top-ranked schools and friendly, safe neighborhoods. Orange County is less than an hour’s drive from Los Angeles and less than 90 minutes from San Diego and Palm Springs.
For complete details and confidential consideration, please contact Glenda Church Smith, Principal, Pediatric Search Partners, at 877.440.3832 (office), 214.850.3094 (text), or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org