Newly Created Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery Opening – Houston
We’re seeking a board eligible/board certified, fellowship-trained Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon for a newly created opening at the main campus of Texas Children’s Hospital, affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine and located in downtown Houston, Texas. Interest and demonstrated skills in trauma, including pelvic and acetabular fractures as well as limb deformity correction, are desired.
For 13 years in a row, U.S. News & World Report has recognized Texas Children’s as one of the best children’s hospitals in the Nation and #1 in Texas. In 2021-22, Texas Children’s ranked 3rd in the nation out of nearly 200 pediatric institutions and No. 11 in Orthopedics. The Orthopaedic Surgery service is the premier orthopaedics surgical provider in the greater Houston region and beyond, including south and eastern Texas with international patients, as well. The pediatric orthopaedic program includes 17 pediatric orthopaedists spread across three hospital campuses.
- Must be ABOS board eligible
- Successful completion of a fellowship in Pediatric Orthopaedics. Trauma and Limb Deformity experience desired.
- Academic rank and salary with Baylor College of Medicine will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
The successful candidate will serve as the Orthopaedist of the day at Texas Children’s Medical Center location for surgical trauma cases three to four days per week and will share night (1:5) and weekend call (1:9-1:10). Additionally, the position will oversee trauma service at the Medical Center location, with access to an urgent room every day of the week and will work with the team’s other orthopaedic surgeons to elevate the care of pediatric trauma patients.
In accordance with the mission of Texas Children’s, this position also will teach fellows, residents and medical students from three different residency programs in the greater Houston area and perform original research. The surgeon will participate in departmental and hospital committees and meetings. Ultimately, the successful candidate will organize and develop the Orthopaedic Trauma service and take it a to higher level both clinically and academically as the eventual Chief of the Trauma service.
One of the country’s fastest-growing and most diverse big cities, Houston is soon to be the third-largest city in the United States by total population and continues to attract newcomers from throughout the globe for its world-class health care, vibrant culture, and affordability, including no city or state income tax.
In addition, Houston offers:
- Two 4-star international airports
- More than 60 school districts and several world-renowned colleges and universities
- Over 145 different languages spoken; 1 in 4 residents born abroad
- A wealth of upscale shopping districts
- More than 10,000 restaurants
- 4 major league sports teams
- Home to more than 500 digital technology companies
- Home to NASA’s Johnson Space Center
- More than 125 miles of hike and bike trails, 366 parks, 200-plus green spaces
- Walkable Museum District with 19 cultural institutions
- 1 hour from coastal Galveston, 2 ½ hours from Austin, 3 hours from San Antonio, and 4 hours from Dallas
For complete details and confidential consideration, please forward your cv and cover letter to: Glenda Church Smith, Principal, Pediatric Search Partners at email@example.com, phone (877) 440-3832, cell/text (214) 850-3094.