Medical Director, Pediatric Nephrology
We’re seeking two Board Certified/Board Eligible Pediatric Nephrologists, including one to serve as Medical Director, to join the leading community-focused academic health care system serving Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina at the Atrium Health Navicent Beverly Knight Olson Children’s Hospital (BKOCH), located in beautiful Macon, Georgia. Situated just 84 miles south of Atlanta and within three hours driving distance to Savannah and the north Georgia mountains, Macon is also less than five hours to Charleston and the beaches of Seaside, Rosemary Beach and Destin, Florida.
In partnership with Levine Children’s Hospital in Charlotte, North Carolina which has been named a Best Children’s Hospital in multiple specialties by U.S. News & World Report, the two Pediatric Nephrologists will join Atrium Health Navicent Medical Group in the heart of Georgia serving children in the Central and Southern parts of the state as well as the growing patient population north of Macon.
For both roles, the ideal candidates will possess a passion for providing exceptional clinical care along with an interest in teaching. The successful candidate for Medical Director will have at least five years’ experience with excellent communication skills and the ability to successfully build a new program and execute the vision.
- Leadership opportunity to create and build a new program in the inpatient and outpatient settings to manage acute and chronic kidney disease and renal replacement therapy
- Collaborate with Levine Children’s Hospital and local BKOCH leaders to implement a new pediatric nephrology service in the Macon region
- Enjoy a new facility with state-of-the-art technology, ancillary services and dedicated resources to complement the program.
- Protected administrative and teaching time
- Ability to gain invaluable experience assisting in program implementation
- Protected time for teaching and program development
Here you will enjoy collaborating with a wide range of pediatric support services at BKOCH. Both positions offer the opportunity to provide outreach North of Macon as well as to Central and South Georgia.
The positions offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
About Beverly Knight Olson Children’s Hospital
The only dedicated children’s hospital in the region, Atrium Health Navicent Beverly Knight Olson Children’s Hospital features:
- 66-bed NICU, 21-bed PICU/PIMCU, 18-bed Emergency Center, 23 beds dedicated to General Pediatrics, 4 dedicated Pediatric Operating Rooms, a Pediatric Endoscopy Suite, and an Outpatient Children’s Care Center
- Dedicated Pediatric Sedation Team, led by Pediatric Intensivist, Critical Care and Hospitalist Teams
- Outpatient Procedural and Infusion Suite with a Full Range of Pediatric Diagnostic Services
- Home to the Atrium Health Navicent Pediatric Residency Program with a complement of 18 residents and 6 interns from Mercer University School of Medicine
- Three-time Magnet Designated hospital for Nursing Excellence Nationwide
About Atrium Health Navicent Medical Group
AHNMG is an established multispecialty medical group of more than 200 clinicians providing professional medical services to the hospital entities of Atrium Health Navicent (the second largest hospital in Georgia), Atrium Health Navicent Baldwin and Atrium Health Navicent Peach.
Atrium Health Navicent, as the second largest hospital in Georgia, is a 637-bed level one trauma center.
Atrium Health Navicent has seen phenomenal growth and expansion fostered by a cohesive Physician and Administrative leadership team striving toward a common goal of excellent patient care and outcomes through demonstration of values of Integrity, Respect, Ownership and Caring.
About Macon, Georgia
Historic and family-oriented, Macon is rich in values and traditions while progressing with new ideas, exciting growth, and creative talents. Nestled in the heart of the state and surrounded by upland forests, bountiful orchards and babbling rivers and tributaries, Macon is an easy drive to Atlanta, the mountains or the barrier islands of Georgia.
See it in the spring blossoms of 350,000 Yoshino cherry trees. Sip it from the frosted mug of local craft breweries. Experience it on a kayak floating down the Ocmulgee River; hiking ancient Indian mounds and touring an 18,000 square foot Italian Renaissance Revival manion. Hear it through the soulful sounds of a rich music heritage. Here you will find a Southern adventure that is sure to be good for your soul.
How to apply:
Please forward your CV and cover letter to:
Glenda Church Smith, Principal
Pediatric Search Partners