Medical Director, Adolescent Medicine
We’re seeking a Board-Certified Adolescent Medicine Physician for an exciting opportunity to serve as Medical Director, Adolescent Medicine at Ochsner Hospital for Children in New Orleans, Louisiana. The successful candidate will develop an adolescent medicine program within Ochsner’s Health’s regional health system, the largest not-for-profit academic health system in the Gulf South.
This position will include work with:
Leadership and Education:
- Play an integral role in residency and medical student training and oversight for our pediatric residency, potentially including a position as Associate Program Director
- Provide consultation and teaching for outpatient and inpatient pediatrics teams regarding the care of adolescents and conditions that present frequently in adolescence
- Provide leadership for and education in adolescent health locally and throughout the Gulf South
- Provide consultation to general pediatricians, pediatric subspecialists, psychologists, psychiatrists, and family medicine physicians to help in the management of adolescents. Those consults will include, but are not limited to:
- High-risk behaviors
- Reproductive health
- Transition typically developing and medically complex patients from pediatric to adult medicine
Gender Medicine Care:
- Integrate into a multidisciplinary pediatric gender medicine team within a larger gender medicine clinic serving children, adolescents and adults and provide consultation and follow-up to adolescents.
About Ochsner Hospital for Children
Ranked #1 in Louisiana for the second year in a row by U.S. News & World Report in 2022-23, Ochsner Hospital for Children was also recognized as a national leader in the new rankings in pediatric cardiology and heart surgery, pediatric gastroenterology and gastrointestinal surgery, and pediatric orthopedics. Ochsner Hospital for Children continues to be a top destination for pediatric care in the region through an unwavering commitment to always putting patients first.
Ochsner Hospital for Children is a rapidly expanding 125-bed children’s hospital offering a full range of pediatric care from primary to quaternary care, with services offered in all subspecialties, including advanced gastroenterology/hepatology, orthopedic surgery, oncology and heart, liver, and bone marrow transplant.
Ochsner also maintains 12 rotating satellite pediatric subspecialty clinics (eight in Louisiana, four in Mississippi); three permanent pediatric subspecialty clinics; and the Boh Center for Child Development, a dedicated multidisciplinary development pediatrics center. Ochsner performed the first pediatric heart/kidney transplant in the region and is the top congenital heart program in the state (both in volume and outcomes).
About Ochsner Health
Ochsner Health delivers health to the people of Louisiana, Mississippi, and the Gulf South with a mission to serve, heal, lead, educate and innovate. This not-for-profit organization is committed to giving back to the communities it serves through preventive screenings, health and wellness resources, and partnerships. Ochsner Health and its partners also educate thousands of health care professionals annually and is innovating health care by investing in new technologies and research to make world-class care more accessible, affordable, convenient, and effective. Its team of more than 26,000 employees and 4,500 providers are working to reinvent the future of health and wellness in the region.
About the ‘Big Easy’
One of the most exciting and vibrant U.S. cities, New Orleans is both cosmopolitan and laid-back. The appeal of living here is undeniable, from its blend of cultures and rich history to its distinct neighborhoods and professional sports, gorgeous city parks, year-round festivals, prestigious academic centers and universities, and Southern warmth, hospitality, and charm.
With an international airport and short 2-3 hour drives to the beaches of Alabama and Florida, the region offers an exceptional environment to both live and work—with a cost of living that’s lower than the national average. Plus, New Orleans has one of the highest concentrations of top-ranked public schools in the state.
For complete details and confidential consideration, please forward your CV and cover letter to:
Glenda Church Smith, Principal
Pediatric Search Partners