Division Chief of Pediatric Pulmonology
Pediatric Search Partners is seeking a Division Chief of Pediatric Pulmonology to lead a team of six pediatric pulmonologists and five nurse practitioners for CHOC Children’s Specialists at CHOC Children’s in Orange County, California. Recognized as one of the best children’s hospitals in pediatric pulmonology and lung surgery and six additional pediatric subspecialties by U.S. News and World Report in 2021-22, CHOC Children’s is also one of The Leapfrog Group’s 2020 and 2021 Top Children’s Hospitals for safety and quality. The Division Chief will lead and grow the division’s clinical and educational services and provide leadership to this expanding pediatric pulmonary program.
The successful candidate will have an academic appointment commensurate with experience with the University of California Irvine, School of Medicine. Opportunities to teach include an excellent pediatric residency program and numerous fellowships in conjunction with UCI. The Division Chief will benefit from institutional resources and will have the opportunity to expand both the clinical and research program.
The practice offers a full scope of Pediatric Pulmonology services, including:
- An accredited Cystic Fibrosis Pediatric Core Center
- A Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics Development Center
- Two AASM accredited Pediatric Sleep Centers on two campuses with a total of 13 outpatient beds
- An invasive and noninvasive home ventilator program
- A state-of-the-art Pediatric Pulmonary Function Laboratory
- A state-of-the-art Outpatient Bronchoscopy Suite staffed with Pediatric Anesthesia
- Fully integrated EMR system
- Consults in oncology, cardiovascular, neonatal and pediatric ICUs. There are active Cardiac Surgery, ECMO, Bone Marrow Transplant, and Spinal Surgery Programs.
- Multiple Clinical research studies
- Multi-disciplinary Pulmonary clinics including: Cystic fibrosis; primary ciliary dyskinesia; severe asthma; aerodigestive with ENT and Gastroenterology; interstitial lung disease with Rheumatology; neuromuscular with Neurology; sleep with Behavioral psychology and Neurology; sleep surgery with ENT; Prader Willi with Behavioral Pediatrics and Endocrinology and RSV prevention.
CHOC Children’s Specialists is a private pediatric subspecialty group comprised of more than 300 physicians and advanced practice providers within 23 pediatric subspecialties. The group practices at CHOC Children’s, a premier healthcare system in Orange County, California. CHOC is exclusively committed to the health and well-being of children through clinical expertise, advocacy, outreach and research that brings advanced treatment to pediatric patients. CHOC is among only 7 percent of hospitals awarded Magnet designation for nursing excellence and has been recognized by Press Ganey for excellence in physician engagement with families.
Sun-drenched Orange County sits just between San Diego and Los Angeles, offering 45 miles of gorgeous coastline. The area boasts average temperatures of 70 degrees and 278 days of sunshine annually, with unbeatable entertainment, shopping and attractions, and easy access to the beach, mountains, and desert. There is something here for everyone.
Families will appreciate the area’s top-ranked schools and friendly, safe neighborhoods. Orange County is less than an hour’s drive from Los Angeles and less than 90 minutes from San Diego and Palm Springs.
For complete details and confidential consideration, please forward your CV and cover letter to Glenda Church Smith, Principal, Pediatric Search Partners at email@example.com, call (877) 440-3832 or text to (214) 850-3094.