Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrician – Dedicated State-of-the-Art Comprehensive Child Development Center
We’re seeking a fellowship-trained Board Eligible/Board Certified Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrician for an exciting opportunity to join the growing team at Ochsner Hospital for Children’s dedicated state-of-the-art comprehensive child development center, the Michael R. Boh Center for Child Development, in New Orleans, Louisiana. As the only children’s hospital in Louisiana to be ranked for seven years in a row as a U.S News & World Report top 50 children’s hospital, Ochsner Hospital for Children continues to be a top destination for pediatric care in the Gulf South region through an unwavering commitment to always putting patients first.
The Michael R. Boh Center for Child Development is committed to improving the lives of children and adolescents with developmental disorders through comprehensive interdisciplinary team evaluations, integrated treatment protocols, high-quality evidence-based patient care, direction of special education services, and professional education and research. As the only facility to offer this type of comprehensive care in the region under one roof, the Boh Center fills a critical need for specialized patient care across Louisiana and Mississippi.
In addition to robust clinical skills across the spectrum of developmental disabilities, including autism spectrum disorders, ADHD, learning and intellectual disabilities, and cerebral palsy, the ideal candidate will be able to work in a collaborative manner with other health professionals and assist with program development.
- Provide developmental medical care to children, adolescents, and their families within a growing child development center.
- Complete medical and neurodevelopmental evaluations for children with developmental-behavioral concerns, including children under the age of 5 years.
- Recommend appropriate therapeutic interventions and early intervention/special education services and help families navigate how to access additional services as indicated, including keeping abreast of resources within and outside of Ochsner specifically for children with developmental delays to facilitate referrals effectively.
- Provide both independent and interdisciplinary team developmental medicine evaluations with other clinic staff of all levels and disciplines, including psychologists, behavior analysts, medical social workers, speech/language pathologists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, pediatric physical medicine & rehabilitation physicians, child psychiatrists, pediatric orthopedic surgeons and neurosurgeons.
- Work with the entire Boh Center team to innovate ways to address gaps in service, unmet treatment needs, and innovative strategies to enhance the development of programs that best serve patients.
- Remain well-informed of research around best practices in child developmental assessment and treatment as well as participate with regional and/or national workgroups/professional organizations focused on child development.
- Participate in monthly section and department meetings, and participate in UME and GME education activities as well as additional education such as Pediatrics Grand Rounds
About Ochsner Hospital for Children
Ranked #1 in Louisiana for the third year in a row by U.S. News & World Report, Ochsner Hospital for Children was also recognized as a national leader in the 2023-24 rankings in two specialties: pediatric cardiology and heart surgery, and pediatric orthopedics.
One of the most comprehensive pediatric programs between Houston, Texas and Atlanta, Georgia, Ochsner Hospital for Children is a rapidly expanding 125-bed children’s hospital offering a full range of pediatric care from primary to quaternary care, with services offered in all subspecialties, including Congenital Cardiac Surgery, Advanced GI and Hepatology, Advanced Orthopedic Surgery, Hematology-Oncology, Cleft Palate/Cranio-Facial Surgery, as well as heart, liver, and bone marrow transplant. Ochsner offers the only pediatric heart and liver transplant program in the state serving more than 76,000 children every year with 150 physicians specializing in more than 30 pediatric specialties and subspecialties.
Ochsner Hospital for Children’s flagship facility is located in New Orleans with pediatric subspecialty clinics across Louisiana and Mississippi. These includes 12 rotating satellite clinics (eight in Louisiana, four in Mississippi); three permanent pediatric subspecialty clinics; and the Boh Center for Child Development, a dedicated multidisciplinary developmental pediatrics center.
About Ochsner Health
Ranked #1 in Louisiana for the 12th consecutive year by U.S. News & World Report, Ochsner is designed to support tertiary care and quaternary pediatrics and pediatric surgery. Ochsner has 40 owned, managed, and affiliated hospitals and more than 300 health centers and urgent care centers. A national healthcare destination center, Ochsner cares for patients from all 50 states and more than 75 countries worldwide each year.
In addition, the health system offers residency programs in Orthopedics, Emergency Medicine, General Pediatrics as well as medical students from the University of Queensland/Ochsner program. Ochsner also supports several well-funded pediatric research programs.
About New Orleans
One of the most exciting and historical U.S. cities, New Orleans is both cosmopolitan and laid-back—full of world-class music, dining, shopping, attractions, and Southern charm. Professional football and basketball, gorgeous parks, year-round festivals, prestigious academic centers and universities and hospitality await you. It’s no wonder Travel & Leisure ranked New Orleans #3 in the Best Cities in the United States in their annual “World’s Best Awards” survey in 2023!
If you’re craving the beach, the Gulf shores of Alabama are about two and a half hours away by car; and the white sands of Destin and Seaside, Florida, are just over four hours away. It’s easy to understand why residents take great pride in calling New Orleans their home. You’ll fall in love the minute you set foot here, both personally and professionally.
For complete details and confidential consideration, please contact Glenda Church Smith, Principal, Pediatric Search Partners at email@example.com, phone (877) 440-3832 or text (214) 850-3094.