Pediatric Physiatry Opening – Gulf Coast
We’re seeking a BE/BC Pediatric Physiatrist forOchsner Hospital for Children in New Orleans, Louisiana.
The recipient of numerous awards, Ochsner recently received the2016 Women’s Choice Award® as one of America’s Best Hospitals for Children, a distinction that recognizes exceptional children’s services ranked above the national average for patient safety; and it ranks among Healthgrades’ Distinguished Hospitals for Clinical Excellence, which places Ochsner in the top 5 percent of U.S. hospitals for clinical outcomes.
At Ochsner, you’ll join a rapidly growing Pediatric department ofmore than 120 physicians. The group is the region’s leading integrated provider of multispecialty care for infants, children, adolescents, and young adults offering a full range of pediatric services, including solid organ transplantation and pediatric cardiovascular surgery. Current facilities include a 52-bed Level III-C NICU, a 14-bed PICU, and a 35-bed General Pediatric Unit with a dedicated comprehensive child development center planned.
In this position, you will have the exciting opportunity for:
- Spasticity management (opportunities to perform Botox and phenol injections, Balclofen pump management, etc.);
- Musculoskeletal medicine;
- Management of CP, SCI, TBI, stroke, neuromuscular disorders, etc.;
- Orthotics/prosthetic/DME prescription;
- Potential for pediatric EMG/NCS evaluation;
- A close working relationship with other related pediatric subspecialists in neurology, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, developmental medicine and genetics, among others;
- Involvement in a multidisciplinary environment within a Children's Developmental Center;
- Participation in Ochsner's well-developed concussion management program and other multidisciplinary programs managing patients with spina bifida and cerebral palsy, among others; and
- Potential for involvement in the development of a new inpatient Pediatric rehab unit.
Ochsner also has a combined residency program with Tulane University Medical School. There is the opportunity to teach both PM&R and Pediatric residents as well medical students from Tulane and the University of Queensland/Ochsner Clinical School rotate through the division. The successful candidate will be eligible for an academic appointment commensurate with experience.
The appeal of living in New Orleans is absolutely undeniable. The city exudes a character all its own and residents have a passionate attitude to life. Professional sports, gorgeous city parks, year-round festivals, prestigious academic centers and universities, exceptional dining and Southern hospitality are only the beginning. If you’re craving the beach, the Gulf Shores of Alabama are about two and a half hours away by car; and the white sands of Florida, are just three hours away.It’s easy to understand why residents take great pride in calling New Orleans their home.
For complete details and consideration, please contact Glenda Smith, Principal, Pediatric Search Partners by phone at (877) 440-3832 or email email@example.com.