Chief, Division of Pediatric Critical Care
We’re seeking an experienced, Board Certified Pediatric Critical Care physician to serve as Division Head for the Division of Pediatric Critical for Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport and Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center- Shreveport. Academic rank will be at the Associate or Professor Level. Candidates must be eligible for active Louisiana licensure.
The Division Head will lead the clinical, and educational activities of the division, and will be responsible for supervising the faculty and staff. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills to interface with learners, faculty, healthcare teams, and administrators; and have a passion and commitment to the education and mentorship of medical students, and residents.
Coverage of the PICU:
- Level II pediatric trauma center
- 3 Full Time pediatric intensivists
- 14 Full-Time and 7 Part-Time General Pediatricians
- 21 Full-Time Subspecialists, including Allergy/Immunology, Cardiology, Child Abuse, Critical Care, Endocrinology, Hematology/Oncology, Infectious Disease, Neonatology, Nephrology, Neurology, Pulmonology & Rheumatology
- Pediatric specialists in ENT, OMFS, Ophthalmology & Surgery
- Pediatric residency training program with 24 residents (8 per year)
- Med/Peds residency training program with 16 residents (4 per year)
The primary objectives of the Department of Pediatrics are:
- High quality care
- Progressive resident development in clinical and research skills
- An environment that challenges students, residents, and faculty alike, while providing maximum opportunity for development.
Highlights of the Position:
- The health sciences center is home tothe School of Medicine, School of Graduate Studies and School of Allied Health Professions and a robust research enterprise. More than 800 students are enrolled in the degree programs at any one time. Additionally, nearly 600 residents and fellows are trained each year.
- Collegial and multidisciplinary team of physicians and nurses to collaborate on a customized plan of care for each patient.
- Physician leadership and input at all levels of administration.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Generous Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Optional Retirement Plans
As Louisiana’s largest nonprofit academic healthcare system, Ochsner provides coordinated clinical and hospital patient care connected electronically to provide convenience for patients across the region by its 40 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and specialty hospitals and more than 100 health and urgent care centers. Ochsner has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a Best Hospital in two specialty categories, is a national leader in medical research, and is among less than 1 percent of hospitals in the nation to have achieved American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC) Magnet Recognition® for Excellence in Nursing Services four times, most recently in 2019. Through its partnership with the LSU School of Medicine, Ochsner’s goal is to provide patient care in a setting that advances medical science through research and educates the next generation of healthcare leaders.
Situated in the Ark-La-Tex (Arkansas-Louisiana-Texas) tri-state region, Shreveport is a Southern cultural melting pot. It’s also a diverse and family-oriented city with beautiful, tree-lined neighborhoods, excellent schools and universities, warm weather, year-round recreational offerings, an incredibly exciting music and entertainment scene including a legendary annual Mardi Gras celebration, a business-friendly climate, and a cost of living more than 20 percent below the national average.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Glenda Church Smith, Principal, Pediatric Search Partners: phone 877.440.3832, text 214.850.3094 or email firstname.lastname@example.org